Privacy & Data Protection
In a Nutshell:
- We take great care to keep all of our user's information safe and we will never share it with others.
- Unlike many large companies who have neglected to secure their web site or server against vulnerabilities, we have protected ours from exploits for many years.
- No user's email address is disclosed to anyone, on-site or off, quotes are sent via our messaging system.
- When users submit a telephone contact, it is available only to transporters, not publically.
- We do collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed, for our own use.
Contact details submitted on the website will not be passed on to or shared with any third party other than contact details of transporters to customers in delivery quotation messages. Transporter's profiles and contact details are made available to customers.
We constantly review our system for future security exploits to keep your data safe. We do not disclose any details of how we go about it for obvious reasons.
We are not in the business of collecting data for long term storage or any other use and regularly delete archived material.
We will contact users by email with confirmation of postings, quotations, reminders and load alerts, but only in the minimal way consistent with the normal operation of our system. We do not keep mailing lists or send out newsletters, a quarterly reminder is sent. All users have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
Financially sensitive information such as credit and debit card details are not asked for or stored on our service.
Subscription payments take place off our site and are submitted directly to WorldPay Ltd on their secure servers using https SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Loadup does not have access to this information.
Anyone posting information on the publicly viewable 'for sale', 'empty vehicle board' or directory listings will of necessity be displaying at least one form of contact information on the page. The contact details of businesses using these pages are regarded as 'in the public domain'.
If you voluntarily disclose additional personal information, without being prompted by Loadup, on the publicly viewable message board for example or other areas of the web site, this policy does not apply to such information.
Where a password is used to protect your information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
If you are sharing a computer with anyone, you should not allow your computer to remember login details.
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you provide us with personal data through our website, we will provide you with our Privacy Notice either when you register with us, when you provide us with that personal data or when we give you notice of a change to a Privacy Notice we have previously provided to you.
Privacy Notices and our obligations under Data Protection Laws
Applicable Data Protection laws, impose obligations on us as the data controller, when we collect or create, hold, amend, disclose, share or otherwise use or erase / destroy your personal data and give you, as the data subject, rights over your personal data.
One such obligation is to process your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner. Our Privacy Notices meet that obligation by explaining what personal data we will hold about you, how we will process your personal data, why we process your personal data, the lawful grounds on which we are processing it and how long we hold your personal data for. It also sets out some of your legal rights.
We may change our Privacy Notices in the future. If we make any substantial and/or material changes and those changes materially affect you, we will inform you of any changes before they take effect.
Loadup will be a data controller of any personal data it holds about you and the account you have with us.
A data controller is an individual or organisation which decides how your personal data will be used. The data controller is referred to as "we", "us" and "our" in this Privacy Notice.
If you require any further information or wish to contact us at any time, you can contact us using this page: Contact Loadup
If you're a current subscriber, log in to your account and send us a secure message.
Your Legal Rights
You have a number of rights over your personal data processed by us. These include your rights to request:
- 1/ Access to your personal data. You may request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- 2/ Transmission of personal data. You may request that we transfer personal data you have provided to us, to you or to another person.
- 3/ Accuracy of your personal data. You may request that we correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data. We take sensible steps to make sure that personal data is accurate, complete, and current. You can help us do this by notifying us of any changes to your personal data.
- 4/ Erasure of personal data. You may request that we delete your personal data.
- 5/ That the processing of your personal data be restricted. You may request that our use of your personal data ends, is restricted or limited.
In cases 1/ Access to your personal data and 2/ Transmission of personal data, you must send to us by post:
- Proof of your identity and address (copies of passport or driving licence and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including account or reference numbers.
Post to: Loadup Freight Exchange, 133 Old Vicarage, Westhoughton, Lancashire, BL5 2EG
In cases 3/, 4/ and 5/, using our Contact Page, provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (Name or Business Name, UserID or email address)
- Any information that is incorrect and what to replace it with.
- or request that we delete / restrict our use of your personal data.
If you only wish to opt-out of our email communications to you, either use the opt-out link in an email that we sent to you, or use our contact page to request manual removal/opt-out.
The extent of these rights are limited by law and we may not act on part or all of your request(s) where the right(s) are not applicable. If we don't act on your request we will explain our reasons for not doing so when responding to your request.
How to complain
If you're unhappy with the outcome of any of your requests to exercise your rights, or how we handle your personal data then please let us know.
You are also entitled to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113
We measure visitors to our web site using Google Analytics. This records which pages you view, how you arrived, and some information about your browser. The process is anonymous.
The information from analytics gives us some understanding of how parts of our site are performing. We use this information to improve performance.
We use 'Google Adsense' advertising on pages that are not important to site functioning and we have elected to serve only non-personalised adverts.